Specialized services for industrial projects
Specifications for industrial projects
Choosing and installing insulation is specialist work. You can only fully utilize the efficiency and properties of insulation, if the system is correctly designed and installed. Written out specifications are not a luxury. Insulation systems differ in the number of layers, adhesives used and finishes.
That is why we have more than 125 bundled FOAMGLAS® insulation specifications, covering a wide range of commercial and industrial applications. They provide a useful guide for end customers, engineers, and contractors involved in designing, installing and maintaining FOAMGLAS® insulation systems.
Please feel free to contact us for more info about FOAMGLAS® specifications. Our engineers and specialists are also always ready to guide you personally during your project.
Energy and thermal inspection
With this service, we uncover system and equipment failures, and safety problems in good time. That way you can intervene quickly, and before real problems arise.
We take a close look at design drawings and blueprints and determine how we can work with you in the most efficient way. We evaluate insulation details, the installation method and the insulation’s lifespan. After our inspection and analysis, you will receive details of points for improvement, so that you can save the maximum amount of energy with FOAMGLAS® cellular glass.
What does the energy inspection and analysis report entail?
- Infrared thermal images
- Measurement results of heat flows
- Computer calculations
- An overview of our observations
- Recommended modifications
Please feel free to contact us for detailed inspection and analysis of your FOAMGLAS® insulation.
Are you curious about the performance of insulation systems in real conditions? We can measure that for you, and will do it free of charge. And we will do that in our own professionally equipped laboratories.
Here we test the following factors
- cold and cryogenic performance
- hot service performance
- corrosion under insulation
- tank insulation for cold storage
- tank insulation for hot storage
- systems with high compressive strength for hot and cold temperatures
- environmental performance - ageing, humidity and UV resistance
- thermal performance, heat loss
- fire performance - combustibility, flame spread and smoke development
General material tests
We measure, as standard tests, the physical, chemical, thermal and mechanical properties of insulation and associated materials such as adhesives, coverings, membranes and coatings.
A selection of our measuring techniques
- thermal conductivity, cryogenic to hot service applications
- compressive strength, tensile strength and bending strength
- water vapour permeability
- chemical composition
- chemical resistance, resistance to acids and bases
- chemical durability
- thermal expansion/contraction
- Hygroscopicity, capillarity and moisture absorption
Please feel free to contact us for thorough testing of your industrial insulation applications.
Reliable insulation advice
Our engineers work with you to determine the ideal FOAMGLAS® insulation thickness and all the other requirements for your project. For this we apply international standards.
So you can be sure that you receive reliable advice on:
- the minimum insulation thickness to prevent condensation
- the minimum insulation thickness to meet your goals with regard to maximum heat gain or loss
- ensuring process temperatures and maximum boil-off
- the minimum insulation thickness for a safe surface temperature
- temperature decrease in pipelines (with a flowing or stationary medium)
- heat loss in underground pipes and structures
- ensuring steam quality
- emission reduction
- the fire safety of applied systems
Please feel free to contact us for a calculation of an ideal FOAMGLAS® insulation application for your needs. Our objective is to give you fast, effective and accurate technical advice, application advice and personalized support.