- FOAMGLAS® cannot burn because it consists of pure glass.
- Fire behaviour: Classification according to EN 13501: A1.
- Storage and processing not hazardous.
- No propagation of flames in the event of fire (chimney effect) in ventilation space.
- FOAMGLAS® has high compressive strength even with long-term loads due to its cell geometry without deformation.
- Use of load-bearing thermal insulation without risk.
- Eliminates the need for special treatment at pipe cradles
- Provides full support to tank bases and pipe supports
- FOAMGLAS® is vapour-tight because it consists of hermetically sealed glass cells.
- It cannot soak through and already contains the vapourbarrier.
- Constant thermal insulation value over decades.
- Prevents corrosion under insulation
- FOAMGLAS® is waterproof because it consists of 100% closed-cell glass material
- Does not absorb any moisture and does not swell.
- Resistant to water, hydrocarbons and most other liquids
- No condensation or swelling
- Helps to prevent corrosion under insulation
- Long-term thermal performance with constant insulating efficiency
- Service temperature range from -265 °C to 430 °C
owens corningFOAMGLAS termal insulation made of cellular glass
FOAMGLAS® cellular glass insulation is a light weight, rigid and durable insulation material, composed of millions of completely sealed glass cells. It offers an exceptional combination of properties such as incombustibility, superior compressive strength, guaranteed water- and vapour tightness and long lasting thermal insulation performance.
FOAMGLAS® insulation is your partner in any demanding situation where preventing leakage or condensation is critical. We offer high-performance insulation solutions for waterproof buildings, industrial installations, marine and HVAC applications. Our solutions also insulate loadbearing heavy duty surfaces such as flat roofs, underground, and oil & gas tank bases. Best-in-class technical service, from the design and critical detailing to the installation, is included in order to give you peace of mind.
The fire performance of Foamglas insulation
The correct specification and installation of building products an meterials - including insulation - is critical to achieve fire safety and minimise the development and spread of fire.
Non-combustible insulation gives peace of mind for specifiers and building owners alike.
FOAMGLAS® cellular glass insulation does not burn and does not contribute to fire spread. It does not release smoke or toxic gases, nor produce flaming droplets which can cause injury and contribute to fire development.
The load bearing thermal break solution
At FOAMGLAS we see PERINSUL HL as 'the insulation that thinks it is a brick'.
The products compressive strength, durability and dimensional stability allows it to be installed in structural load-bearing areas of a building without fear of it moving or flexing.
It is well-suited to masonry construction - straightforward to lay in mortar, and coursing in with brick and blockwork walls to suite the position needed - but also designed for timber framed and steel framed construcion.
Capable of bearing the structural load of up to two stories above it, PERINSUL HL is suitable for a wide range of building types.
Non-combustible thermal insulation
for all types of inverted flat roofs
FOAMGLAS® INVATHERM is a non-combustible thermal insulation suitable
for all types of inverted flat roofs.
It offers a Euroclass A1 rating (tested to EN 13501-1) and is a highly durable product with an excellent compressive strength.