We bring together a team of scientists, engineers and industry experts to help resolve critical technical issues for your project.
Owens Corning® FOAMGLAS® Insulation specializes in measuring the behavior of insulation systems in real world applications.
We conduct most testing with our own resources, but we also work closely with other organizations for testing services not available in our own laboratories.
Our labs are staffed with engineers, scientists and technicians who understand the needs of its industrial clients.
Applications Testing includes:
- Cold and Cryogenic Service Performance
- Hot Service Performance
- Corrosion Under Insulation
- Cold Tank Base, High Load Bearing Performance
- Hot Tank Base, High Load Bearing Performance
- Environmental Performance - Aging, Humidity and UV Resistance
- Thermal Performance, Heat Loss
- Vapor Drive under Application Conditions
- Fire Performance - Combustibility, Flame Spread & Smoke Development
General material testing
We also routinely measures the physical, chemical, thermal, and mechanical properties of thermal insulations and associated materials such as adhesives, jackets, membranes, and coatings. A few of our measuring techniques are:
- Thermal Conductivity, Cryogenic Service to Hot
- Compressive, Tensile and Bending Strength
- Chemical Composition
- Chemical Resistance, Common Acids and Bases
- Chemical Durability
- Thermal Expansion / Contraction
- Hygroscopicity, Capillarity and Moisture Absorption