- Designed to withstand loads which crush most other insulating materials
- Eliminates the need for special treatment at pipe supports
- Provides full support to tank bases
- Eliminates the need for thermal bridges
- Inorganic. Made from glass.
- Does not support combustion
- Does not contribute to flame spread or smoke development
- Will not absorb flammable liquids or vapors
- Resistant to organic solvents, nearly all acids, and most corrosive atmospheres
- Does not promote corrosion of carbon steel, stainless steel or other metals
- Helps to keep water from reaching equipment and piping
- Helps to limit corrosion under insulation
- No degradation from sour gases or other corrosive media in aggressive plant conditions
- 100% closed-cell material
- Will not absorb or most water or other liquids
- No warping or swelling
- Impermeable to water vapor and other gases
- Long-term thermal performance with constant insulating efficiency
- Service temperature range from -450°F to 900°F (-268°C to 482°C)
- Wide variety of system configurations designed to meet the requirements of different processes
Owens Corning® FOAMGLAS® cellular glass insulation
Owens Corning® FOAMGLAS® cellular glass insulation is a lightweight, rigid material with a closed-cell structure.
Trusted on a variety of applications, FOAMGLAS® insulation offers long-term thermal performance and protection. FOAMGLAS® insulation is non-combustible, non-absorbent, impermeable, and has high compressive strength. It offers ideal properties for process piping and equipment, chilled water systems, storage tanks, fire suppression systems, and more.