Pittsburgh Corning Europe produces FOAMGLAS® cellular glass insulation systems which are used for the entire Building envelope.
High performance, long lasting, durable and environmentally friendly insulation for the entire building envelope. FOAMGLAS® is the only insulation material that is totally impervious to any form of moisture and which will not burn, or give off toxic fumes or smoke. It is dimensionally stable, has high compressive strength, and is rot, insect, vermin and acid resistant.
Foamglas Nordic AB is a subsidiary of Pittsburgh Corning Europe and is sited in Gothenburg, Sweden. Our plan is to grow in Scandinavia and we want to approach to the Finnish building market. Therefore we are looking for a Sales Engineer in Finland.
The Sales Engineer needs to promote and sell Foamglas® in his/her sales area to existing and new customers.
The Sales Engineer may supervise the installation of the system and may provide training for the customers who will use Foamglas®. They also maintain contact with their clients to ensure that the clients' needs have been met and to assist them with any additional problems that may arise well after the purchase.
The main duty is to understand the business issues in-depth and combine them with all product offers to dertemine solutions that will provide key big business value. Technical understanding and knowhow has to be so strong that material and system benefit can be compared and highlighted to competitive material and systems.
The Sales Engineer will report to the Sales Manager of Foamglas Nordic AB.
Key Responsibility areas:
- General presentation and promotion of the product in building application
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Evaluating customers and projects to implement the product in the planning and specification.
- Attend company training seminars to become familiar with product lines.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs, and to determine system requirements.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
- Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and building specific solutions.
- Identify resale opportunities, and support them to achieve sales plans.
- Keep informed on building news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging
technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Recommend improved materials to customers, documenting how such
changes will lower costs.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, building or other
establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about
product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about
- Diagnose problems with installed equipment.
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Maintain sales forecasting reports.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients - through the different stages of the project - or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of the product.
- Take care about the quoting and to ensure the product will not be substituted later.
- you can talk Finnish, Swedish and English.
- the ability to co-operate and persuade the customers (e.g. architects, structural engineers, entrepreneurs, builders, cities and estate owners) to buy or/and recommand Foamglas' products for building projects.
- you have a good co-operation with roof subcontractors in Finland.
- Results oriented and proven track record in establishing and achieving
- organizational, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- A solid technical background in construction.
- Background in sales is helpful.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to plan, set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate autonomously and team working ability.
- Ability to travel.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to be persuasive and be able to adjust easily to the personalities of
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the
organization to customers, the public and other external sources.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Civil Engineer/Bachelor degree in engineering/construction
- Familiarity with the Microsoft office suite
- Work experience within the construction/field of site management.
- An open and supportive organizational culture.
- A Nordic team (9 persons) with special expertise within the field of building, all with different backgrounds which forms a strong team.
- interesting salary, notebook, mobile phone and company car.